This smoothie is perfect for this time of year. It’s not too cold out for smoothies yet, but it’s also a great time to find cranberries and use this unusual berry for something nutritious.
Adapt this recipe in any way you like. A bit of orange juice or zest would be welcome, as would a pinch of spice.
- 1/4 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoon frozen blueberries
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup kefir, yogurt, buttermilk, or a combination
- Dash of vanilla extract (optional)
- Add fruit, juice, and vanilla to a blender and process until smooth.
- Blend in yogurt or kefir and serve chilled or at room temperature. Makes one serving.