The Waldorf salad is a lovely combination of sweet, savory, and rich ingredients. Using kefir and sour cream, as in this recipe, it comes alive with the tang and probiotics one finds in cultured dairy.
- 4 red-skinned apples, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup purple grapes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup milk kefir
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Butter head lettuce leaves for serving
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve scoops of this salad in small butter head lettuce leaves.