- 1-1/2 cup piimä yogurt*, strained for 2 to 4 hours
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1-1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Blend all ingredients together and chill for several hours to fully develop the flavor prior to serving.
*While the mild flavor of piimä makes a faboulous base for this dressing recipe, if you do not have piimä on hand, another yogurt variety may be substituted.