While guacamole is big in Tex-Mex food, it’s not always economical. Avocados are pricey and often hard to find in good shape.
So this cultured cream dip takes its place at the table with similarly bold flavors. It is both spicy and smoky with chipotle powder, bright with lemon juice, and fresh with cilantro and green onions.
These dynamic flavors come together to create a wonderfully creamy, flavorful, and healthfully cultured dip recipe.
- 2 cups cultured cream, sour cream, or crème fraîche (alternatively 1 cup cultured cream + 1 cup yogurt or kefir strained of some of the whey to produce a thicker product)
- 3 green onions, diced small
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro, lightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in bowl, mix well, and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Just before serving taste and adjust seasoning if desired.