These waffles tend to be softer than the white flour version.
- 2-1/2 cups finely ground wheat flour
- 2 cups yogurt, buttermilk, or kefir
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix the flour and the yogurt, buttermilk, or kefir the night before you will be making the waffles. Place covered in a warm area overnight.
- Stir in the eggs, honey, butter, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Cook in a hot, well-oiled waffle iron until golden on both sides.
- Serve with butter and honey or syrup, jam, peanut butter, or fresh fruit.